Two weeks later and Brittney’s acid reflux medication was in the trash. The difference in her diet? Young Living Peppermint Oil. Two drops diluted in water morning in night has been her new, healthy routine.
The versatility of this oil is so amazing it is why it is along side Lavender oil in the Young Living Wholesale starter kit. The trick is learning it’s uses and exploring the benefits. The use of this oil dates back to ancient Greece where the oils were used for digestive ailments, sinus and tension headaches and muscle aches and respiratory relief. Research has recognized peppermint oil benefits for IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), management of gallbladder disease and non-ulcer dyspepsia. Peppermint oil brings oxygen into the blood stream creating alertness, energy and vitality. Antiviral, antimicrobial and used as a diuretic to help clean the body of existing toxins. Menthol, one component of peppermint oil is used commercially in toothpastes, mouthwashes, muscle relievers, etc. Using the real thing vs. the one compound means oh so many more benefits!
Ways To Use Peppermint Oil:
1. Place a drop of peppermint oil under your tongue or in an 8 ounce glass of water (must be a glass; remember oils eat thru petrochemicals and there are petrochemicals in plastic and styrofoam cups.)
2. Add a drop to your tea or other beverage.
4. apply topically (lightly fingertip the oil on the designated area so the oil stays in the area intended and not on your fingers).
Peppermint Oil Benefits and Uses:
1. Relieve and upset stomach or indigestion
2. Refresh and oxygenate your workout
3. Reduce a fever (great on baby’s feet)
4. Aleve nausea vomiting and motion sickness
5. Reduces menstrual cramps
6. Concentration, productivity, clarity and awareness. Great research on this. Use it before a big test or important presentation. A great wake up and much better than putting caffeine in your system.
7. Inhale as a great workout boost
8. Use for sore muscles and tension. This oil has a tingling cooling effect.
9. Take a headache down a notch. I like to blend with lavender and wintergreen and rub on temples for a full affect. Warning: Avoid contact in eyes. It will sting a bit.
10. On a hot day cool the body with a drop in water.
11. Acid Reflux, bloating and heartburn prevention
12. Sinus infection and cough/cold relief. A rub a bit on my nose and take my palms cupped over my nose and mouth and inhale/exhale for sixty seconds. Helps to clear mucus.
13. Has been recommended to aid numbness when applied topically.
14. Apply immediately to sooth and repair bruises.
15. Bugs and ants HATE peppermint. I spray around sun room in early Spring and use with purification as an insect repellent. Stay tune for more tips for the summer…
16. Got poison ivy or a nasty itch – peppermint aids in relieving this annoyance. Also mixed with lavender works too.
17. Colic baby – use peppermint again on the feet.
18. Need focus and alertness in a meeting, workout or classroom; diffuse peppermint
19. Liver, gallbladder problems and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) aid.
20. And my personal favorite; I keep this oil in my purse for a quick breath cleanser.
(I could go on but 20 is enough to remember for now!)
Warning: Avoid contact in eyes and open wounds or cuts.
Contact me to learn more of upcoming events.
Become a whole sale member and earn the best discounts and perks annually!
Or use 1292832 (my distributor number) for retail orders.
*These statements have not been not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent diseases.